My first little personal project in this year was dealing with time, used by myself and view daily by my colleges in TAD. Later in the year, I brainstormed several other ideas that I hope to implement as a web 2.0 application. I stumbled on the Simile Timeline project earlier, thought it was a good idea, but never tried it until today. But it was also the fun using Twitter that sparked the interest to use Timeline and to integrate them.
However, given the large interest in twitter and mash ups, I would have expected someone else to have done before. Still there are handful of resources with the knowledge required to hack the pieces together. So let me outline what I did.
3. Initialize and run Timeline’s API to render.
twitter.php The server side script.
time.html The Client side html
- Integrate Photos eg. Flickr/Fackbook + Blogs + MAps + …
- Integrate Calendars (eg. Google Calendars)…
- Automatic Widening/Narrowing
- Import and usage of own database with metadata
- Layered Rows for Different events.
- Integrate with other time applications like countdown counter
- Integrate ToDo List
Have timeless fun! Drop me a note if you manage to do something satisfying after reading this article, or if you have some other cool ideas too =)